Rants, Raves and Ramblings of a Doer

Mera no. aa gaya

Friday, September 23, 2011 Posted by Vishnu , , 8 comments
It is time for Lawrence to lose its biggest hater. If you don't know the news yet,  I'm moving out of Lawrence on October 2nd, seeking a better job in Pleasanton, CA. I'll be in Boston for 5-6 weeks and will be heading to CA after that. Yes, that means I'll be living with Madhuri. Infact, we are working for the same company now :). Thats a two way treat for me. I get to live with Madhuri and I finally get to escape from Lawrence. This might sound rude, but I'm happy that I'm moving out.

Be it for the geographic location or the type of people that dwell in this place, I was never able to associate myself with this town. That makes it easy for me, not to miss something gravely after I leave this place. Moving in from the East Coast with a vibrant Desi community to Mid West was a major compromise and I felt bad everytime I had to drive 8 hours to visit some place other than Clinton Lake and everytime I had to find sensible people to live / hangout with.

I finally realized that the town is uniquely archetypal and I'm a misfit here. I was just pondering over my 3+ yrs of stay in Lawrence and the things I'd miss the most would be Student Rec Center, Zen Zero, Volleyball, Dandiya and a few sane minions that I wouldn't name.  That makes me feel sad, for the social person like me, I never acquainted with anyone so much that I'd actually call them every week and talk hours together as I do with my college / Grad School friends. Maybe it is good because I got to spend time with Madhuri and know her even better!

Ok, I can keep raving for rest of the day but I wouldn't. On a positive note, I thank 2010 and '11 KUCIC teams for having me over and here's me cheering you guys for all the work you have done / did. Everyone can comment and critique from the sidelines but no one really knows what it takes to organize events for a community where majority of its population is passive. Thanks to CREW Network and KU for offering me a job when I needed it the most, even though I got paid in peanuts.

To every person I met in Lawrence, you have helped me prosper by not being anything like me and the people I found solace in, thanks for being in Lawrence atleast for that short period of time. To all the Graduate and Undergraduate "Jayhawks", good luck with your stay here and fare well with the likes of your friends and do better than your seniors. If you need me anytime, you know where to find me (Gmail, Phone, Facebook etc.,) and I'm ready to help as always.

With Cameraman Murali,  Blogger Vishnu, Lawrence, KS ;)

Adieu! 

8 comments:

Hari said...

Wish you very happy life over there:)I think your car can cross Clinton lake and eddingham sometime in an occasion:):)All the best Vishnu Na:)Tc:)

yni said...

All the best :)

ramesh said...

All the best Vishnu,how much ever i have known u...u are great as a person...have a great life ahead :) :)

kezia said...

Welcome to CA Vishnu...We just live 16miles drive away......I am sure you r going to love the city...

Vishnu said...

Thank you brothers and sister.

Kezia - We'll come meet you sometime. :)

Unknown said...

hey vishnu its hard to belive ur moving out... All the very best... Thanks for everything... I think KUCIC is gonaa miss u lot. Anyways happy 4 u. Do remember to post us for ur marriage...Have fun!!!

Sowm said...

Congratulations! I know exactly what it feels like. Oh the joys of moving away from Mid West :-) Good Luck!

Krishna said...

Congrats , all the best Vishnu, Happy to know that you moving more happening place..